One of the most traumatic events in the life of a woman is giving birth. This process is a delicate phase not only for the women but also for the newborns. The baby’s spine is usually contorted and stretched numerous times during birth. Sometimes, this process can result in the damaged portions in spinal cord and nerves. This overall situation can lead to several health defects in newborn. Poor appetite, unexplained crying, breathing issues, allergic reactions and poor infections are the common issues which can be found stemming out of the malfunctioning in the spine.
The trauma is not limited to these issues only. When the child learns to hold his head, crawl, walk, and play, several other misalignments can also occur in the spine. Neglecting these issues can worsen situation for the kids. Several other infections along with weakness in immune system can result due to these issues.
There are different chiropractic adjustment techniques for children belonging to different age groups. Parents of children who get chiropractic treatment report about their children being healthier than other kids of the same age. Those children are more likely to miss fewer school days due to diseases such as flu, colds and ear infections. Although chiropractic care doesn’t directly treat the issues mentioned above, this treatment helps in strengthening of immune system which doesn’t let the diseases to occur.
Aside from chiropractic adjustment at the chiropractor’s office, there are some complementary methods which you can work on in order to ensure better health of your kids.
- Give cold water, fruits and vegetables to your kids for snacking.
- Don’t let your children consume processed and junk foods. In fact, you also need to avoid consumption of such foods.
- Make sure that you are not in front of your TV while having your meal. The family meals should be restricted to kitchen and dining rooms only.
- Teach the kids some relaxation techniques.
- Help your kids find some outlets for fun and recreation rather than giving them screen time.
- There needs to be a support network of friends and family for the kids in case they need help.
- Get the screens out of the children’s bedroom in order to ensure their better night sleep.
- Do not use harsh chemicals for any purpose in the home.
Keep in mind that most of the spinal health problems in adulthood are traced back to the childhood issues. Therefore, the children need to be given appropriate chiropractic care on regular basis.